Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I am WHY


"I am WHY"

Why would I choose such an odd title? Well, it is one of those mysteries. It can be a question. It can be an answer. In short, it sums up how the generality and emotions of living. I think Björk knew exactly what she had wanted when she stated that line in the beautiful, but willowy "Oceanía".

The reason to building this, is to "deconstruct" music my own way. It's deep within me. I cannot help it. I was born to music, brought up in music and now breathe music. My inner core cannot help but tell people how emotive and what great masterpieces these artists have painted. Each month, I will feature an artist. No prizes for guessing the artist for the month of August!

Björk is a musical maestro. Full of artistic creativity, she finds the most obscure sounds and bring them to life. She can make the most tiniest vox sample herself and transform it into an orchestra. Her latest album "Medúlla" is released in Australia on 30 August. It is entirely composed of vox samples and acapella tracks. "Instruments are so over" [quote, Björk] and the only hint of traditional instruments on the album, is the gong and the piano. However, you would be hard-pressed to actually locate them. Look out for my review in the coming days.


Lyrics to Oceania

One breath away from mother Oceanía
Your nimble feet make prints in my sands
You have done good for yourselves
Since you left my wet embrace
And crawled ashore

Every boy, is a snake is a lily
Every pearl is a lynx, is a girl
Sweet like harmony made into flesh
You dance by my side children sublime

You show me continents
I see islands
You count the centuries
I blink my eyes

Hawks and sparrows race in my waters
Stingrays are floating
Across the sky
Little ones, my sons and my daughters

Your sweat is salty
I am why
I am why
I am why

Your sweat is salty
I am why
I am why
I am why



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home